2.07.2015

ALBUM OF THE WEEK - My Picks for 2014 Pt. 2


ALBUM OF THE WEEK - Week of February 2nd, 2015 - My Picks for 2014 Pt. 2

My hope was to get this feature finished last week, before the end of January so my 2014 picks wouldn't be quite so dated. What are you gonna do? I missed a week of blogging, which would have made this second list a little more relevant. But because I have an extremely sick wife at home who needs a lot of looking after and more professional challenges than any one dude should be privileged enough to have, hence my free time to recreate like this is rare. The good news is that readership numbers are rising, not as high as they were a few years ago when I was blogging 1-3 times per week, but bouncing back surprisingly fast. The writing is still pretty bad, I've been out of practice and it shows. I appreciate everyone hanging in there with me as I work out all of the kinks. I actually took some time before writing this post to update the blog layout and got rid of all the dated widgets cluttering things up. Baby steps. But enough about me, let's talk music. 

It may seem like a big letdown taking two weeks to follow-up with a post about the second tier of 2014 winners, akin to being an NIT team rather than an NCAA one, but there were so many good albums to come out last year and I'm still digging out new ones as I type this so I felt that a top ten list just wasn't enough. My ideal here would be a top 50 list, but by the time I finished it we'd be talking about the top albums of 2015. Rather than bitch about this bounty of my musical riches, I'll do my best to shine the light on some of the elpees of 2014 that didn't make my arbitrary top 20 list in future installments. Stay tuned and thanks for the support, it sure feels nice to be back.
 


No comments: