4.05.2015

The CONDUIT returns - Download CONDUIT 01 Podcast


CONDUIT 01 Mix - The Captain and Me
by Sean-Michael Yoder
 
It's been awhile since I last released a DJ mix to the public. It's not that I haven't been making mixes over the past three years since my wife's health fell apart due to Lyme Disease. Life has been such a roller coaster ride since then that I had to put the public aspect of my life in music on serious hold. But I've continued to foster relationships behind the scenes and my passion for music has continued unabated in the interim. Playing records has been a big part of my life for over 25 years and it's been a great way to escape the madness, even if only for a moment or two, so it was highly unlikely I would give it up for good even though I am rapidly approaching the age of too-damn-old. I didn't want to share the mixes I've made during the hiatus with the public because they are highly personal, most made specifically to lift her mood during the not good days or the theme to one of the few road trips we've been able to take in that same time period. It's only been these past few months where my wife's health has improved enough that it's reached an up & down stage rather than just being a continuous downward spiral.  And in proportion, I've begun to feel the weight of responsibility to everyone sending me promos. I really need take the time to highlight the good tracks people send me for free. I am ALWAYS grateful for that and never take it for granted. My earlier goal was to blog weekly about my favorite album of the week but between my daily commute, my wife's ongoing health issues, and taking up selling rare records on Discogs things ground to a halt around mid February, the graveyard of all New Year's resolutions. I hope to return to it shortly because I've picked up about 10 amazing albums in the last month that all deserve a little spotlight. But looking at the stats, no one really seems to care about enthusiasm for the British Invasion, my deep appreciation for Laurel Canyon country rock, and I'm pretty sure they don't care about my concurrent loves of punk, hip-hop, or jazz. What people expect from me when reading my blog is thoughts and ideas about electronic dance music so future ALBUM OF THE WEEK installments to be a little more techno focused with an occasional foray into deep catalog albums. In the meantime, I have resurrected the CONDUIT podcast with a different look and seriously pared down to give me a little time to get back in the game after sitting on the sidelines for so long. The idea of bundling it with my blog was a no-brainer in terms of generating content for it and getting the word out on all the amazing tracks I pick up every month. The podcast will, for now, just be focused on my own monthly new music show but hopefully expand in the coming months to include guest mixes as well. I'll be curious to see how things progress over the year.


DOWNLOAD CONDUIT 01 Mix - The Captain and Me:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8141358/Conduit%2001.zip

RA DJ Charts - April 2014:http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/theabstract_terrorist/top10?chart=173773
 
TRACKLISTING:
unknown - Drone Connection

Savas Pascalidis - Mastermind (Non Series)
Monika Kruse meets Pig & Dan - Colours (Terminal M) 
Hibernate - Getting There (DMP Remix) (Alpha Milk Recordings)
False Image - Second Horizon (Get Physical Music)
False Image - Second Horizon (Dub) (Get Physical Music)
Walker Barnard - The Wake Up (Alexi Delano Remix) (Serialism)
Harry Axt - Altes Eisen (Arms & Legs)
Sirius Brown - Abyssal (Original Mix) (Different Is Different)
S-Man - Time 2 Stop (Steve Mac & Mat Playford Remix) (Hard Times)
4BeatClub - Soul Food (Original Mix) (Freche Fruchte)
NIBC - Love Lesson (Ian Pooley Remix) (Trunkfunk)
Guillaume & The Coutu Dumonts - Doughnut Jam (Who Took It Out?) (Freerange Music)
Christian Arno - South Central (Original Mix) (All Blak)
Dole & Kom - Fly Bar (ft. Seth Schwarz) (Original Mix) (3000Grad)
Talal - Manama (Original Mix) (Boulevard)
Walker Barnard - Trollops & Cherubim (Serialism)
Ricardo Baez - Butoh (David Jach Remix) (Exotic Refreshment)
Lando & Xavier - My Pet Human (Face To Face Recordings)
NIBC - Love Lesson (Tuff City Kids Remix) (Trunkfunk)
Christian Zanni - Merckle (Original Mix) (Aerotek)
Daniel Steinberg - Lonely (Arms & Legs)
P41 - Lalguer (Get Physical Music)
Monika Kruse meets Pig & Dan - Soulstice (Alberto Ruiz 80Monster Remix) (Terminal M)
Miyagi feat Ronald Christoph - This Must Be Love (Douglas Greed Rmx) (Turnbeutel)
Marco P - Rumpelstilz (Tech Factory)
Sirius Brown - Advanced (Original Mix) (Different Is Different)
Savas Pascalidis - Nightshades (Non Series)
Codeless - Regen (Original Mix) (Coincidence)
Super Flu - Volkwein (Kollektiv Turmstrasse Remix) (Monaberry)
Frederick Alonso & Pat Lezizmo - Tablao (Original Mix) (Muzik & Friendz)
Cio D'or - Off (Telrae)







No comments: