10.18.2016

New mixes, charts, and what's next


It's been a long, busy summer. I can finally stop long enough to catch my breath and get ready for winter.

This past August 20th, I was invited back for my friend Logan 5's bi-weekly radio show Eccentric Groove on Chico's own community radio station KZFR. I had an opportunity to make a dark, grimy mix mostly at the urging of my wife and best friend so I took advantage of that and created what I consider the darkest, most underground mix I've ever done. We all had a blast that night enjoying the fine weather and good company. Below is a link to the mix, which I recorded prior to the show. Unfortunately, you had to be there to catch the witty banter and public service announcements live in the studio. If you didn't, there's always next year...
Tracklisting:
John Carpenter - Assault on Precinct 13 - Main Title
Camille Rodriguez - Andalusian 2.0 (Traumer Remix) (BTRAX Records)
Nastia Reigel - Figures in Brine (Credo)
Jamaica Suk - Holographic (L.A.G.)
Lucy & Ercolino - Gmork (Luke Slater Remix)(Stroboscopic Artefacts)
Alderaan & Mental Resonance - Man From Earth 1 (MindTrip Music)
Shlomi Aber - Warfare (Be As One)
NIBC - Love Lesson (Tuff City Kids Remix)(Trunkfunk)
Frankyeffe - Pure Feline Soul (Riot Recordings)
Farceb - Signals From Space (MindTrip Music)
Claudia Cazacu - Infinity (Tom Hades Remix)(Gate Null Recordings)
Insolate - Deep In The Shades (Out of Place)
Max Durante - Tension on Rigaer Strasse (Sonic Groove)
Max Durante - Human Rage (Sonic Groove)
Thomas Delecroix -  ARV Flux Liner  (Rive Droite)
Josh Wink – Denial (Planetary Assault Systems Remix)(Ovum Recordings)
Rob Hes - Raised By Another (Tronic)
DJ Bone - Black Patterns (Subject Detroit)
Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam (Raiz Remix)
Alex Bau - Organic Deformation of Oz (Developer Remix)(Credo)
Echoplex - 2ndndary Forcefield (Chronicle)
Farceb - Exoplanet War (MindTrip Music)
GoldFFinch - Tactical (Valence)
Gennaro Mastrantonio & Billy Johnston - Sword Lead (Yellow Tail)
Max Durante - The Resistance (Sonic Groove)
HBNG - Sudden Death (Tanstaafl)
Insolate - Renew (Out of Place)
Randomdisco - Eden Prime (Tribal Waves)
Jamaica Suk - Kontort  (L.A.G.)
Jamaica Suk - Depth Between Waves  (L.A.G.)
Fluxion - Subliminal Tone (Subwax Bcn)
Suicide - Dream Baby Dream
On September 12th, I had the pleasure of doing a mix for my old friend Adi Dumitra's radio show Conversions on Frisky Radio. This was kind of a big deal and I really labored over the mix before coming up with, again at the urging of my wife and best friend, the concept of uptempo but instead of the dark grooves of the August mix something a little more soulful. I was most pleased that I was able to slip in an unreleased track from Dumitra into the mix that I have been sitting on for several years because vinyl junkies NEVER throw anything away that could possibly be used at a later date. This one has been archived so you can go back and enjoy the memories plus dig on an additional hour of great music from the Conversions boss himself. Good times!

Conversions mix
Tracklisting:
Deep'a & Biri - Days (Transmat)
Soulspace - C'est La Vie (Audio Units Remix)(Wind Horse)
Savvas K & David Brilli - Monrovia (Exotic Refreshment)
Frankyeffe - Dragonfly Flying (Clint Stewart remix)(Riot)
Anderson - Drum Cycle (Kult
Anna - Redemption (Terminal M
2030 - In Aeternum (Luke Hess Remix)(Black Crow)
Smash TV - Vespertine (My Favorite Robot)
Kevin Over - Shady (Mobilee
DJ Duke pres The Pleasure Dome - 7 Minutes of Wild Techfunk (Minneapolis Exchange
Gennaro Mastrantonio & Billy Johnston - Basement Noise (Jay Denham Remix)(Yellow Tail
Stacey Pullen - ROK (Blackflag Recordings
Karl Malone - Bitzen (Bassment Tapes)
Adi Dumitra & Toygun - Desen Technic 
Max Cooper - Sea of Sound (Ambient Rework)(Traum)

Here are my September DJ charts:
https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/theabstract_terrorist/top10?chart=192999

Next up for me is the sixth installment of the Conduit podcast for October/November...a two hour monster I am the process of compiling this week so I can record it while I am on the road. I am planning to pro it up a bit and syndicate it to ride the momentum of my current DJ work. On top of that, I am ironing out the kinks in terms of presenting short video interviews and tutorials on the blog and should be launching that portion at the beginning of 2017. Looking forward to it and, again, thanks for all of your support. Enjoy the music...always.

No comments: