3.01.2020

BACK TO MINE Vol. 11 - Journey To The One


Ambient and chillout music has become all the rage so the interest in my chillout series has raised considerably. It's been a surprise mainly because I have been doing pretty much the same thing for the past 30 yrs. and only in the last couple of those years people have finally caught up to what I am doing. I wish I had more time to contribute more mixes to this series but carving out 2 hrs. to make the mix and the countless hours spent sifting through tracks to create these mixes is nearly impossible for me these days. I often long for the days of my misspent youth when I could crank out a mix like this nearly every day and channeled into Volume 11. Inspired by Pharoah Sanders' classic album Journey to the One, this installment explores the possibility for exploration tempered with the wisdom of age as a guide.

DOWNLOAD
STREAM

TRACKLISTING
Come Together
Brian Jonestown Massacre - Malela
Beach House - Silver Soul
Beach Boys - Diamond Head
Beck - Derelict
Beta Band - The Cow’s Wrong
Cut Copy - Autobahn Music Box
Hiem - SSRI
Earth Wind & Fire - Departure
James Last - Inner City Blues
Bobbi Humphrey - Harlem River Drive
James Brown - I Don't Want Nobody To Give Me Nothing (Open Up The Door I'll Get It Myself)
Pharaoh Sanders - Think About The One
Yaw - Where Will You Be
Tricky - Bad Things
PJ Harvey - The Wind
Outkast - Slum Beautiful
Los Lobos - Sabor A Mi
Love - Andmoreagain
Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See (.ascension version)
Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds
Marcia Griffiths - Don’t Let Me Down
Idris Muhammed - Could Heaven Be Like This
Scott Walker - Big Louise
Visage - Fade to Gray
Trentemøller - Phoenicia
Spectrum - Waves Wash Over Me
Mauro Picotto - Komonster (Save A Soul)

No comments: